We accept submissions from the general public for our Winter-Spring issue from July 15 through October 15. Our Fall-Summer issue is open to Rockford Writers’ Guild members only. Please consider joining.
We accept short stories (fiction and creative nonfiction) and poetry. Per the Rockford Writers’ Guild Constitution, we do not publish content that is sexist, racist, supremacist, vulgar, or pornographic. We publish work that is new and is a reflection of the global, national, local, or personal times. If you are unsure, please ask.
ALL WRITERS (July 15 – October 15 for Non-Guild Members)
· We read simultaneous submissions, but, if your work is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately.
· No multiple submissions, please.
· We do not accept previously published work, whether in print or in an online magazine.
· We read works sent by non-Rockford Writers’ Guild members July 15 – October 15 only.
FICTION AND CREATIVE NONFICTION WRITERS
· We will look at a maximum of three prose pieces, each 1,300 words or less.
· Send one file of 1-3 stories as a Word document (.docx).
· We prefer Times New Roman with 12-point font.
· We will look at a maximum of three poems, each 50 lines or less.
· Please include all of your poems in one file.
· Send the one file of up to three poems as a Word document (.docx).
· We prefer Times New Roman with 12-point font, single spaced is preferable.
· Please place each poem on a separate page.
HOW TO SUBMIT
For all entries, please include a cover letter and a brief biography (50 words or less, written in third person). Online or email submissions only.
Submit to The Rockford Review using our online submission form.
Send your work via a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO Snail Mail Submissions
Thank you for submitting to The Rockford Review! We look forward to reading your work.